Official Rules: Sports Afield Oregon Adventure Sweepstakes
1) ELIGIBILITY: Open and offered only to legal residents of the United States and all other countries where legal, winner must be 21 years of age or older. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law (Please note that many states and possessions have rules against sweepstakes; please check your local laws). Employees, officers, and directors (and their immediate family/household members) of the Sponsor and any of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, are not eligible.
2) DEADLINE: Sweepstakes starts 1 September 2016 and ends 1 September 2017. To be eligible, entries must comply with these official rules and be received by 1 September 2017.
3) ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Complete and pay for an order for a subscription to Sports Afield magazine via mail, by phone, or at www.sportsafield.com between 1 September 2016 and 1 September 2017 (all paid subscriptions and renewals are automatically entered); or type your name, complete address, phone number, and age on stamped postcard and mail to: Sports Afield, Safari Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 2129, Seal Beach, CA 90740-9972 between 1 September 2016 and 1 September 2017. Postcards MUST BE TYPED to be eligible. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. MULTIPLE ENTRIES INVALIDATE ELIGIBILITY.
4) ENTRY CONDITIONS: By entering, entrant agrees: a) To abide by these sweepstakes rules (exact compliance essential); b) To accept as final and binding the decisions of the Sponsor, judge(s), and their agents in all matters relating to this sweepstakes; c) That all entries submitted become property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned; d) To the collection of all information on each entry, and to its transfer to third parties.
5) PRIZES: There are two prizes, the Grand Prize package, and First Prize. GRAND PRIZE includes a fully outfitted five-day archery elk hunt or rifle mule deer hunt in northcentral Oregon with Ruggs Ranch. Each hunt is for one hunter and includes accommodation at a wall-tent camp. The GRAND PRIZE also includes a riflescope from Swarovski Optik, Mountain Assault eight-piece clothing package from Kryptek, your elk or deer shoulder-mounted by The Wildlife Gallery, and mount shipped to you free of charge in the continental USA by Trophy Transport. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute or alternate any and all from those listed above. The prizes are awarded on an as-is basis, and the Sponsor makes no warranties as regards to the prizes. Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted except at the sole discretion of the sponsor, who may substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value if the prize becomes unavailable.
Grand Prize winner must provide his/her own transportation to/from the hunting area. Scheduling for the hunt is to be arranged between the outfitter and the winner, and will be subject to available openings. If winner is unwilling or unable to travel, or cannot travel during the time period offered for the hunt, hunt is forfeited and no compensation is offered. Cash value is $1.00. Neither Sports Afield nor Ruggs Ranch shall be liable to perform if failure to perform is caused by supervening conditions beyond Sports Afield and Ruggs Ranch reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, civil commotion, war or armed hostilities, strikes, labor disputes, government demands or requirements. In such cases the hunt is cancelled and no compensation will be made.
FIRST PRIZE consists of a three-day upland bird hunt for pheasant, chukar, and Hungarian partridge at Ruggs Ranch. Accommodation at the ranch lodge is included.
6) ODDS: The odds of winning are approximately 1 in 100,000, but exact odds will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
7) WINNER SELECTION: Winner will be selected by the Sponsor on or about 90 days following the close of the sweepstakes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
8) WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by mail on or about 120 days following the close of the sweepstakes. Winner must complete, execute, and return each required Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, Publicity Release, and/or any other document required by the Sponsor. If a firearm is part of the prize, winner must provide a valid and current Federal Firearms License where the firearm may be transferred; winner will be responsible for all costs associated with the transfer of the firearm; and winner must provide proof of age and fill out and sign an agreement, indemnification, and liability release form which must be witnessed and sealed by a notary public. Each required document must be returned within twenty-one (21) days of postmark of prize notification. Noncompliance within this time period, and/or the return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or the finding of the winner to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner by random drawing.
9) GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, entrants agree and by accepting a prize, winners agree that Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents, and all others associated with the development and creation of this sweepstakes, a) are indemnified, released and held harmless from any and all liability, for any damages, injuries, or losses of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage, arising directly or indirectly from the acceptance possession, use, or misuse of any prize or participation in this sweepstakes or any sweepstakes related activity; b) are not liable for any entries that are lost, late, damaged, stolen, tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, delayed in transmission, delivered postage-due, forged, illegible, mutilated, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules; c) do not assume any responsibility for typing/printing error, human error, omission, theft, destruction, unauthorized access, alteration, or technical malfunction of any kind that causes any injury, damage, or loss to any computer or person resulting from participation in this sweepstakes; d) reserve the right at their sole discretion (and without notice to recipients of this offer and/or sweepstakes entrants) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this sweepstakes in whole or in part (in such case, winners will be chosen from among all entries received prior to date of termination) if a computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause beyond control of Sponsor and/or its agents, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this sweepstakes; and e) may use winner’s names, hometown, state, prize won, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice (except where prohibited by law) without further compensation for advertising or publicity purposes.
10) VOID WHERE PROHIBITED: This sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations apply.
11) NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
12) SPONSORED BY: Field Sports Publishing (herein referred to as the “Sponsor”).