Official Rules: Sports Afield Buffalo Safari Sweepstakes
Definition of Terms: Sports Afield is a magazine published by Field Sports Publishing Inc, a California Corporation, herein called Sponsor from time to time.
1) ELIGIBILITY: Open and offered only to legal residents of the United States and all other countries where legal, winner must be 21 years of age or older. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law (Please note that many countries states and possessions have rules against sweepstakes; please check your local laws). Employees, officers, and directors (and their immediate family/household members) of the Sponsor and any of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, are not eligible.
2) DEADLINE: Sweepstakes starts 1 May 2019 and ends 28 February 2020. To be eligible, entries must comply with these official rules and be received by 28 February 2020.
3) ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Complete and pay for an order for a subscription to Sports Afield magazine via mail, by phone, or at www.sportsafield.com between 1 May 2019 and 28 February 2020 (all paid subscriptions and renewals with a valid email address are automatically entered); or type your name, complete address, phone number, email address, and age on a postage paid postcard and mail to: Sports Afield, Safari Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 2129, Seal Beach, CA 90740-9972. Postcard must be received between 1 May 2019 and 28 February 2020 to be eligible. Postcards MUST BE TYPED to be legible. ONE ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD. MULTIPLE ENTRIES INVALIDATE ALL ELIGIBILITY. NOTE that ALL ENTIRES WITHOUT AN EMAIL ADDRESS are INVALID.
4) ENTRY CONDITIONS: By entering, entrant agrees: (a) To abide by these sweepstakes rules (exact compliance is essential); (b) To accept as final and binding the decisions of the Sponsor, administrators, and their agents in all matters relating to this sweepstakes; (c) That all entries submitted become property of Sports Afield and will not be acknowledged or returned; (d) To the collection of all information on each entry and its use for promotional purposes by Sports Afield, and to its transfer to third parties.
5) PRIZES: There is one prize, the GRAND PRIZE which includes a fully outfitted 10-day Cape buffalo safari for one hunter in November 2020, outfitted by Marromeu Safaris in Mozambique. The hunt includes the daily rate for a 10-day buffalo hunt, which covers the services of a professional hunter, accommodation, all meals, drinks, camp staff, trackers and skinners, field preparation of trophies, land transport within the area, one rifle permit or rental rifle, hunting license, community taxes and fees, and meet & greet service at the Beira, Mozambique airport. Does not include government imposed trophy fee for one buffalo (Approximately $1,750 in 2019 but this is subject to change by the Wildlife Authorities of Mozambique). Nor does it include personal firearm importation fees. Winners may shoot additional animals and may bring a companion at standard rates set by Marromeu Safaris. The GRAND PRIZE also includes a CZ 550 rifle in .375 H&H, a Z8i 1-8×24 riflescope from Swarovski Optik, and a cartridge belt from Trader Keith. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute or alternate any and all from those listed above. The prizes are awarded on an as-is basis, and the Sponsor makes no warranties as regards to the prizes. Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who may substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value if the prize becomes unavailable.
Grand Prize winner must pay for his/her own airfare to Beira, Mozambique, and will also be responsible for round-trip transportation via charter flight from the airport to the hunting area, about $3,500 USD (less if shared), as well as hotel accommodations before and after the hunt, trophy fee for the buffalo, veterinary certificate, and dipping and shipping of trophies. Winner must also obtain all necessary visas and heath certificates as required to travel to and from Mozambique and possess a valid passport acceptable to Mozambique immigration authorities. Scheduling for the hunt is to be arranged between the Marromeu and the winner, but the hunt must commence no later than 15 November 2020 and will be subject to available openings. If winner is unwilling or unable to travel, or cannot travel during the time period offered for the hunt, hunt is forfeited and no compensation is offered. Cash value is $1.00. The winner(s) will be asked to sign a liability waiver in camp before commencing the hunt. Neither Sports Afield nor Marromeu Safaris shall be liable to perform if failure to perform is caused by supervening conditions beyond Sports Afield and Marromeu’s reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, civil commotion, war or armed hostilities, strikes, labor disputes, government demands or requirements. In such cases the hunt is cancelled and no compensation will be made.
6) ODDS: The odds of winning are approximately 1 in 25,000 but exact odds will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
7) WINNER SELECTION: Winner will be selected by the Sponsor on or about 10 days following the close of the sweepstakes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. ALL WINNERS WILL BE INITIALLY NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL.
8) WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email on or about 20 days following the close of the sweepstakes. Winner must complete, execute, and return each required Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, Publicity Release, and/or any other document required by the Sponsor. If a firearm is part of the prize, winner must provide a valid and current Federal Firearms License where the firearm may be transferred; winner will be responsible for all costs associated with the transfer of the firearm; and winner must provide proof of age and fill out and sign an agreement, indemnification, and liability release form which must be witnessed and sealed by a notary public. After making contact with the winner via email Sports Afield will send documents to be signed. Each required document must be returned within ten (10) days of postmark receipt of notification. All notifications will be sent overnight express with acknowledgement of receipt. Entrants must use a postal address where people are available to sign for the mail on a daily basis. If no communications reach Sports Afield after 10 days of the date of notification the prize will be offered to an alternative winner. Failure to respond in a timely manner after having responded to the initial emailed notification will also cause the prize to be awarded to an alternative winner. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable or notification to Sports Afield by the carrier of no person available to sign for the notification or the finding of the winner to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner by random drawing.
9) GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, entrants agree and by accepting a prize, winners agree that Sports Afield, the Outfitter and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents, and all others associated with the development and creation of this sweepstakes;
(a) are indemnified, released and held harmless from any and all liability, for any damages, injuries, or losses of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage, arising directly or indirectly from the acceptance possession, use, or misuse of any prize or participation in this sweepstakes or any sweepstakes related activity;
(b) are not liable for any postal entries that are lost, late, damaged, stolen, tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, delayed in transmission, delivered postage-due, forged, illegible, mutilated, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules;
(c) are not liable for any delayed, misdirected, late, damaged, corrupted, tampered with, garbled, incomplete, emails that attempt to reach potential winners. If an email does not reach the potential winner the Sponsor shall make a reasonable attempt to reach the winner via other forms of communication. If this fails for a period of 10 days another winner will be chosen. NOTE that ALL ENTIRES WITHOUT AN EMAIL ADDRESS are INVALID;
(d) do not assume any responsibility for typing/printing error, human error, omission, theft, destruction, unauthorized access, alteration, or technical malfunction of any kind that causes any injury, damage, or loss to any computer or person resulting from participation in this sweepstakes;
(e) reserve the right at their sole discretion (and without notice to recipients of this offer and/or sweepstakes entrants) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this sweepstakes in whole or in part (in such case, winners will be chosen from among all entries received prior to date of termination) if a computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause beyond control of Sponsor and/or its agents, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this sweepstakes; and
(f) may use winner’s names, hometown, state, prize won, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice (except where prohibited by law) without further compensation for advertising or publicity purposes.
10) VOID WHERE PROHIBITED: This sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations apply.
11) NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
12) SPONSORED BY: Field Sports Publishing (herein referred to as the “Sponsor”).